This video shows how to do a search-and-replace in a Word document with THL Word styles in order to mark milestone text strings with the appropriate Word Style. The process for replacing page milestones is as follows:
- From the edit menu open search and replace
- From the gear menu open "Advanced Find & Replace"
- Open the options drop down and choose "Use Wildcards"
- In the "Find What" box, type:
- In the "Replace with" box, type:
- From the options dropdown, under Replace, from the Format dropdown, choose Style
- Select the Style "Page Number, Print Edition,/"
- Test with one search and replace.
- If it performs correctly, push the "Replace All" button.
It will inform you how many milestones were replaced. This assumes that the milestones are in the format of a simple page number between brackets, such as
. The following table gives other formats:
|Description||Find What Box||Word Style to Apply|
|Simple Pages||Page Number, Print Edition|
|Pages with sides (a,b)||Page Number, Print Edition|
|Simple Line Numbers||Line Number Print|
|Line Numbers with Sides||Line Number Print|
In all cases the "Replace with" box should contain: