24 May 2020
11 min 40 sec
Sangay Dorje is a Kutang speaker describing his experience in the 2015 Nepal earthquake. In this video he explains his thought processes as the earthquake was happening.
- TEKदाई नमस्कार!Good morning brother.
- DAMनमस्ते।Good morning.
- TEKदाईको नाम के हो?What is your (lit. brother's) name?
- DAMम साङ्गे दोर्जे (हुँ)।I am Sange Dorje.
- TEKदाई कति वर्ष पुग्नु भयो?How old are you (how much have you reached?)
- DAMछब्बीस।(I am) twenty six.
- TEKदाईको परिवारमा को को हुनुहुन्छ?Who are there in your family?
- DAMम अनि भाइवहिनीहरू छन्।I and (I have) siblings.
- DAMबच्चा छन्, सबै जना छन्।There are childen, (there are) all of us.
- TEKबच्चा कति जना छन्?How many children?
- DAMबच्चा चार जना छन्।(I)have four children.
- TEKबच्चाहरू कहाँ कहाँ छन्?Where are the children?
- DAMएउटा बच्चा चाहिँ स्यालामा छ।One of my children is in Shyala.
- DAMतीन जना बच्चा चाहिँ घरमा छन्।Three brothers are at home.
- TEKदाई तपाइँले सानो छँदा पढ्नु भयो कि भएन?Brother, did you have a time to study when you were a child?
- DAMसानो छँदा पढ्न पाईन ।I did not have a chance to study when I was small.
- DAMबुबा माथि पुर्याउनु भएन, आमाले तल पनि पुर्याउनु भएन।(My) father did not take me up (to some village), neither did my
- DAMआफुले हेर्यौँ भने दुख भए जस्तो लाग्छ।If I looked at it, I felt that I had hardships.
- DAMदुख पाएँ आज भोलि दुख पाएकै छु।I had hardships, I am also having hardships these days.
- DAMआज भोलि चाहिँAs for these days,
- DAMटाङ् (ठाउँ) रin Tang,
- DAMअनि पुजु माथिबाटand from Puju (from up there),
- DAMराना तल देखि चाहिँfrom Rana (from down below there),
- DAMदुख पाएको छु।I have got hardships.